Tuesday 8 October 2013

Stoking the Fire

Ok; stoking the tale telling fire lately.
Got my motor running.
Daily practise installed.
Several approaches being tested and enjoyed.

Totally loving Freefall Without a Parachute. Working through the chapters and going 'fear ward' where the energy is..certainly stirring up some old tales. I'm really noticing my style of diving in. Not with the grace of an Olympian diver more with the circling tactic of an uncertain vulture...but when the moment is ripe diving in to the emotion of a moment or series of moments.

Following the wonderful guidance and stimulating prompts of this book is an interesting and inspiring journey. I am doing several 10 to 20 minute 'free falls' and an hour a day more intense writing block.

And a sucker for a challenge I've also signed up for the NaNoWriMo.
That is NAtional NOvel WRiting MOnth.
No sweat: 50,000 words in a month. More if you can.
So about 1600 words a day, every day. Good for a first draft of something.
What? I don't know. No idea. Just going to see what emerges. Ha ha.

So I am writing. Not blogging though.
I'll get back and share a few things later. It's nice to be pouring some words and nouns and verbs out of the grey matter though. Watching the ink treacle itself across the papyrus or decorate the LCD is my favourite play time.

Weather's starting to come good to...spring, then summer. Yey beach, sea, sun, fun! Bring it on.

Lv D

No comments:

Post a Comment